Terms & Conditions
To receive financial aid, all students must meet the following requirements:
- Be admitted into a degree-seeking program of study (Students in Certificate Programs may qualify for some types of aid);
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours each semester (Federal Pell Grant awards may be awarded for less than six hours of enrollment);
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Be a citizen of the United States or eligible non-citizen;
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements;
- Register with Selective Service (males only);
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment from a federal grant overpayment.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT MAY APPLY
- All awards are subject to change pending the availability of federal, state, and institutional funding and regulatory verification.
- Aid offers not accepted within 21 days are subject to cancellation.
- Cancelled aid awards will only be reinstated pending the availability of funds.
- Offered aid is based upon full-time enrollment (Undergraduate - 12 hours, Graduate - 9 hours).
- The Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) program is administered by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC). TSAC determines student eligibility for the TELS Program based on the federal packaging criteria, which requires institutions to take into account all resources of assistance. HOPE recipients are responsible for being aware of all Guidelines and Information governing the TELS program.
- Students who already have a degree may qualify for limited types of student loans.
- Aid will not be disbursed to students selected for participation in the Quality Assurance Verification Program until all document requirements are satisfied.
- Students with federal or state drug convictions that occurred while receiving aid may be ineligible for financial aid
115 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0210
Telephone: (865) 974-3131
FAX: (865) 974-2175